About The Mobile Accountant
I like to call myself, an Accountant with a difference. An Engineer by education with an MBA-Finance, I spent the majority of my career in the Automotive Industry, most recently as a Project Manager. After about a decade and a half, it became apparent to me that my career goals and aspirations were very much correlated to the financial strength and stability of my employer. After my last employer instituted a reduction in force prior to the sale of the company I decided I needed to add finance and accounting to my “toolbox” to position myself to influence these critical decisions. So, I returned to college in January of 2013 to become a CPA to fulfill a goal that I had and to complement my career path. After satisfying educational requirements, completing the CPA Exam in June 2016, applying to many firms/companies and being told repeatedly that I was overqualified, I decided to take my “advantage” and strike out on my own to build an Accounting, Bookkeeping and Advisory Services practice. Servicing small business clients and companies looking to outsource their Accounting and Bookkeeping activities became my focus and idea for The Mobile Accountant.
The Mobile Accountant specializes with helping the Sole Proprietor, LLC, Partnership, S-Corporation or C-Corporation solve their immediate pressing concerns such as reclassifying transactions, updating their accounting records, fixing errors or establishing their Company within QuickBooks. Developing this relationship that evolves to an advisory capacity using statements and analysis to assist the client in making better decisions to support the growth of their company is my goal. My focus is also directed toward small to medium-sized companies that are interested in outsourcing their Accounting and Bookkeeping work.
- TMA travels to your designated site or business, when and if appropriate to discuss those issues that are relevant and important to you.
- We don’t suffer from large indirect costs or overhead. Consider the value of what you receive when choosing a capable Accountant/Bookkeeper/Advisor. Smoked glass offices, marbled floors, expensive firm-sponsored offsites? Those costs get passed on to you, the client.
- When an Accountant tells you how unique they are versus their competitors, ask, what makes them truly unique? How does their background or experience give them this unique insight if they’ve never worked in operations, sales, marketing or any other discipline outside of finance or accounting? In many cases, they are not unique and more often than not are focused on compliance (a necessary but basic entry point to call oneself an Accountant). This is not meant to disparage Accountants, just the opposite. However, since compliance is the centerpiece of much of the training that Accountants undergo, it calls into question their relevance when labeling themselves as advisors from the clients’ perspective if they lack broader functional expertise in those activities outside of traditional financial accounting and reporting.
- Plain and simple, TMA was created to help you, the small business client, understand how to use the power of your Accounting and Financial data to suggest ways to operate, plan and grow more efficiently and profitably. The Mobile Accountant is Your Business Partner for Success.
- 2018. Re-branded B C F & W and launched “The Mobile Accountant” Website (TMA). Certified, QuickBooks Advanced ProAdvisor (Online). Built a client portfolio consisting of several S-Corp., Limited Liability Partnership and Sole Proprietor clients. Accounting Tutor-Walsh College and student at Michigan-Ross School of Business.
- 2017. Established B C F & W, LLC Accounting, Bookkeeping, and Advisory Services, precursor to TMA. Adjunct Faculty Instructor, Oakland Community College-Taught four-credit hour Managerial Accounting course. Tutor/Exam Prep Instructor, Walsh College-Assisted students at all levels of Accounting, Introductory to CPA Candidates.
- 2013-2016. Completed Accounting coursework, aggregate GPA = 3.9, and CPA Exam.
- 1992-2012. Positions and roles with several Automotive Suppliers/Manufacturers, most recently as a Project/Program Manager. Work history also includes positions in finance, sales, plant manufacturing, product engineering, business planning, marketing, business development, product-line management and consulting for hybrid-electric vehicle components and LED lighting.
- 1992. MBA-Finance, (with Honors) Wayne State University, Mike Ilitch School of Business Administration.
- 1985-1989. Technical staff positions with large defense contractor and optical device/laser manufacturer.
- 1985. B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan, College of Engineering.
- Running a business is complex: As a small business owner, myself, I understand the time pressures and financial constraints that every Owner/Operator/Partner endures. You’ll be confident knowing that your records/books are in capable hands.
- I love Accounting: Whether it’s learning about a new application or expanding my technical knowledge or technique, I’m always challenging myself to learn so I can be a better resource for my clients.
- I start tasks and finish them: I’m an Accountant with a Project Management background. I won’t waste your most precious resource, your time. I have the experience and expertise to quickly grasp the problem, solve it and move on.
- For your peace of mind: Insured for errors and omissions (E & O). Certificates available upon request.
“I bring a sense of urgency to every task or engagement, no matter how large or small and I do it in an open and friendly way. Helping clients understand their issues, solving them and helping them relax and breathe a little easier is what I strive to do.”
Request a Consultation:
The Mobile Accountant
Mike Faremouth, Owner/Principal